Moon Crash Landing
Imagine a time in the future when there are lunar bases. People are living and working on Moon, exploring and learning about it, and doing other kinds of research that can't be done on Earth.
On a routine journey from Earth to a lunar base, there is an accident. Something has gone wrong and you crash land on the Moon's surface, sixty miles from the nearest base. It is daylight on the Moon and will be for the next few days. In the Moon's lower gravity, that is not too far to walk, but you are limited in what you can carry. What should you take with you?
- Organize the item cards into two groups. Things you would like to take and things you would leave behind.
- List the items in order of most to least important. (1-15)
- Fill out the chart with the things you would take and the things you would leave behind. (you can only take 5)
- Explain why you are taking each item that you have chosen to take.
- After you are done, come see me, there is one more part to this activity.