Moon Rock Classification
1. Review the characteristics used to help classify each type of lunar rock
2. Sort (classify) each lunar rock sample by placing each lunar rock card under the associated classification
3. Copy the characteristics of each type (from the card) into your science journal. Include hands on observations from the rocks you can hold. (You have to figure out which type of rock each of those are)
4. Sketch 2 of each of the types of the rocks under the correct classification in your journal
5. Observe the regolith, and then compare and contrast the regolith to each of the types of rock. Where do you think the regolith comes from?
Materials You May Need